Supporting businesses affected by COVID-19
#1 National Lender for Loans Under $350,000
We are working with Fundera, a trusted technology partner, to create an easy and secure application process. Applications will be completed using Fundera’s secure online portal. After you complete the co-branded application (First Home Bank and Fundera) First Home Bank will work diligently to underwite, document and fund your PPP loan.
PPP Loan Forgiveness
The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans from First Home Bank have revised forgiveness guidelines, making your PPP loan more advantageous. The Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act has been signed into law and below are a few key highlights:
- Extension of the forgiveness period. You now have more time to use your PPP loan proceeds. The covered period for using loan proceeds is extended from 8 weeks to 24 weeks.
- Reduction to minimum required use of proceeds for payroll costs. To be eligible for loan forgiveness, Borrowers now only need to spend just 60% (lowered from 75%) of the loan proceeds towards payroll expense. The remaining 40% of the funds may be used for rent, utilities, and mortgage interest.
- Exemption based on employee availability. The date to qualify for the FTE and salary/hourly wage reduction safe harbors is extended from June 30, 2020 to December 31, 2020 if you fully restore FTEs and/or salary/hourly wages. The Act also created a new FTE Reduction Exemption that provides loan forgiveness will not be impacted if the FTE reduction was due to being unable to re-hire employees (or hire similarly qualified employees) or return to pre-COVID-19 business activity.
- Extension of payment deferral. The deferral period is extended from 6 months to the date on which the amount of forgiveness determined is remitted to the lender or 10 months from the covered period if no forgiveness is requested.
- Extension to maturity. The repayment length for the unforgiveable amount of the loan has been extended from two years to five years.
We continue to work through our PPP forgiveness procedures and will be rolling out a PPP Forgiveness portal. Within the secure portal you will be able to complete the PPP Forgiveness application and upload all relevant documentation.
We will update this page as new information becomes available regarding your PPP forgiveness portal.
Until then, if you have any questions regarding PPP forgiveness, please contact PPPForgiveness@firsthomebank.com.